Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thing #6

I chose both an old and a new favorite for my blogs of interest. The first and oldest love is Not Martha. It plays on the fact that, while crafty, she is no Martha Stewart. The newest love is Gluten-Free Girl. I finally gave in over the summer and admitted the fact that I need to be gluten-free. With said admission, I began looking for recipes, substitutions, and cheats that I could make for dinner that I could eat and my boyfriend actually likes (he's very particular). Ironically, both sites offer a recent post on pies! Fortunately, I happen to love pie. Not Martha provided scrumptious pictures of a recent pie off (her word choice not mine ) she judged and G-F Girl teased me with mouth-watering pictures of glistening, sugar-sprinkled, blackberry peach pie for her up coming cook book . . . in book stores NEXT YEAR! A year?! This woman is just too cruel. I forgave her, though, since she also included a smile-inducing tale about writing letters to David Letterman (I know. I know. A brief missive recalling the entertainment of a hot, boring summer in college hardly makes up for the cruel tease of a possible pie, but, what can I say. It spoke to me). Not Martha also provided a link (and pictures) for Pie Lollipops. My vote is still out on this idea, but I'm leaning toward stupid.

Sadly, my life is overflowing with educational thought each day for me to voluntarily read educational blogs. That may make me a bad teacher, but that's just the way it is. I would much rather read for pleasure, pulling from these ideas and examples to use in my classroom. I can't count the number of ideas I've "stolen" from NPR. Fortunately, they are also one of my feeds. Let the theiving begin! (This is a joke, by the way. My English nerd soul would never allow me to NOT give credit. My collegues and friends will attest to my ravenous hatred of plagiarism).

I don't really know how to end this other than, as I sit here, listening to the thunder, I know my rambling may be interrupted at any moment a la power outage. Knowing my luc

No comments:

Post a Comment