Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thing # 7a/b

Many of blogs I subscribe to have had Halloween themes of late (weird, huh?!). It is common knowledge that I have a rather bizarre sense of humor and an over active interest in the more grotesque, morbid and creepier sides of life (death), but this just didn't sit well with me: a Halloween meatloaf hand. Now, I like meatloaf as much as the next person (except my brother who actually loathed it), but somehow, putting it in hand form makes my stomach turn (or it could just be the result of the almonds and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I had for breakfast). I do have to admit that it looked pretty darned good, though; not "good-enough-to-eat" good, but good in the "realistically-creepy" sense. I particularly approved of the onion "bone" where the hand was dismembered from the rest of the meatloaf body and the broiled mozzarella cheese slices to replicate burnt skin. I wish I'd thought of it myself.

Also in the holiday spirit, NPR podcast George Romero (of zombie-movie fame) playing Wait, Wait. Don't Tell Me's "Not My Job" game. Did you know, at the beginning of his career, Romero was hired by Mr. Rogers to film his tonsillectomy for the ever popular Picture,Picture segment? Neither did I. NPR also reminded me I need to get a copy of the new Call of Duty 6 for Paul for Christmas - nice of them don't you think?

I also discovered my reader's "Recommended Sources" folder. I was surprised to find Four Wheeler Magazine listed with my other subscriptions. I was even dumb enough to think "How'd they know I off road?" Kind of like the time not so long ago when I realized half and half is called this because it's HALF cream and HALF milk. Yes, I really am that stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment