Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thing 2.2

I have to be honest. While well made, the videos were both depressing and annoying. Depressing because there is so much I could be doing; I feel under skilled, out of control, and obsolete. On the other hand, I was also pretty annoyed after the first few slides of the first video. When do the education gods expect me to find the time to do all this and how exactly am I supposed to implement these ideas when half my kids don't have computers - let alone internet - at home? It left me feeling overwhelmed and that just made me mad. Technology is only as good as the hardware being used; right now, our hardware is in pretty sad shape. Lap tops don't work; the network connection is ify; printers are finicky; log-ins are faulty. I'm not giving up, though. While I'm not ready to go full moodle (whatever that is), I am planning a research/powerpoint project over everyone's favorite novel: The Scarlet Letter. I also like to keep this blog going once the class is over.

P.S. Please don't push the moodle on me yet. It may make me cry.

1 comment:

  1. We have too many idealist, living in their educational/technological utopias. In the classroom, every child is going to pull out his ipod touch and start blogging, creating, listening, and sharing. When he's finished with that warm-up, he's going to slide his laptop out of his backpack and start working on his website dedicated to the most recent novel he listened to. I'd really like to know where this magical place is. Our kids can still share, create, and communicate without technology -- old fashion, yet battery and internet connection free.

    ReplyDelete